Southwest Eye Care is a full-service ophthalmology and optometry practice with 8 clinic locations. We strive to satisfy the eye care needs of our
patients by offering the most up-to-date instrumentation, well trained and friendly doctors, technicians and staff, and the latest in high quality eyeglass frame and lens designs
Are you interested in meaningful work and making an impact? We are always
looking for patient-centered, compassionate individuals that align with our company core values: Commitment to Integrity, Respectful Compassionate Eye Care, Work/Life Fulfillment, Fun Efficient Team. Consider joining our dedicated team at Southwest Eye Care.
Introduce yourself. Please submit your resume to us for consideration. No phone calls please.
(Click for job description)
Patient Services Specialist
Southwest Eye Care is searching for an energetic, dedicated, customer-focused individual to join our Hutchinson Clinic. If you have customer service or sales experience and are looking for a change, or have experience in optical and are looking for a new challenge, this position might be for you.
At each Southwest Eye Care location, we believe in creating a positive experience for patients. Our energy as a team transfers through to patient care, resulting in our patients leaving with a smile. Candidates must enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, be attentive to details, and thrive working with a team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- styling and ordering patient eyeglasses
- dispensing contacts and eyeglasses
- repairing eyeglasses
- administering minor accounts receivable functions including billing for product and services, entering payments from patients, and reconciling daily monies received
- front desk tasks (scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out, insurance verification)
Qualifications: As an ambitious self-starter, this person will guide our patients through the eye care process while building lasting relationships. We will train the right candidate. Two years optical experience, sales experience, or customer service experience preferred.
Southwest Eye Care is searching for an energetic, dedicated, customer-focused individual to manage our Chaska Optical Department. If you recently received a degree in business management, have management experience in customer service and are looking for a change, or have experience in optical and are looking for a new challenge, this position might be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Opticians by coordinating training, maintaining and delegating projects, coaching and guiding employees, writing and delivering employee evaluations, completing a monthly Optician clinic schedule while being efficient for staffing costs. Approval of time cards, overtime, and corrections of time clock punches.
- Create and maintain an efficient, cohesive clinic flow. Ensure cleanliness and organization of clinic.
- Optical duties as assigned including but not limited to frame selections, contact lens ordering, ophthalmic lens ordering, frame ordering, glasses adjustments, dispensing glasses, dispensing contacts, repairing glasses, verifying contact orders, verifying glasses and frame orders, notifying patients when product is available, and I&R classes.
- Meet with frame vendors to maintain frame inventory and ensure product is being rotated out. Reorder frames on a weekly basis to replenish product sold. Conduct frame inventory on quarterly basis and abide to Frame Board Management Plan.
- Work with other supervisors, including Lab Manager, Clinic Manager, and Executive Director to insure efficient process and flow.
- Resolve escalated patient situations.
- Order optical tools and supplies as needed.
- Administer minor accounts receivable functions including billing for product and services, entering payments from patients, reconciling daily monies received.
- Administer minor accounts payable duties including but not limited to reconciling monthly statements with invoices, tracking of pending credits, verifying frame orders received match frame rep written order.
- Travel to other offices required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Interpret and dispense optical prescriptions
- Lensometry knowledge
- Basic book keeping skills
Credentials and Experience (one or more of the following)